Chinese Government Scholarship Program 20152015-02-07 23:08:59
Chinese Government Scholarship scheme is established by the Ministry of Education of P.R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) in accordance with educational exchange agreements or understandings reached between Chinese government and governments of other countries, organizations, education institutions and relevant international organizations to provide both full scholarships and partial scholarships to international students and scholars. MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of Chinese Government Scholarship Programs.
CATEGORIES OF APPLICANTS AND DURATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
Categories of Applicants
Duration of Scholarship
Master’s Degree Students
2-3 academic years
Doctoral Degree Students
3-4 academic years
1. The instruction language could be either Chinese or English. Applicants who apply for courses instructed in Chinese are required to take one-year Chinese language course（offer scholarship） prior to the academic study if their Chinese is not qualified. Only by passing the examinations after the Chinese language course, could they start their academic studies.
2. Scholarship students should complete their study in China within the set time. Scholarship duration specified in the admission notice cannot be extended in principle.
3. The scholarship quota can only be used in the academic year for which the scholarships are specified to.
4. The courses of Yunnan University of Finance and Economics are attached in the end.
Applicants shall apply to Yunnan University of Finance and Economics within Mar 25, 2015.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and be in good health.
2. Applicants must not be students in Chinese universities at the time of application (or at least one year after graduation in China).
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. An applicant can only be awarded with scholarship to study at one university. If an applicant is admitted by more than one university, CSC reserves the right to decide which university the applicant should attend.
VALUES OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, fee for laboratory experiment, fee for internship, and fee for basic learning materials, and accommodation fee for dormitory on campus;
- Living allowance;
- One-off settlement subsidy after registration for new student;
- Fee for outpatient medical service, Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China.
1) Costs of the laboratory experiment or internship beyond the university’s arrangements should be self-afforded.
2) Fee for basic learning materials ONLY covers the necessary learning materials prescribed by the host institution, and other textbooks and materials shall be self-afforded.
3) Monthly living allowance is granted to the students through the host institution at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- Master’s degree students: CNY 1,700 Yuan
- Doctoral degree students: CNY 2,000 Yuan
Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of the living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half amount. The graduates will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the next month after students suspend their studies, drop school or complete schooling from the university. Monthly living allowance covers school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays could be reimbursed upon return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month if students do not register on time without permission from the university in advance, leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university over a month.
Students who have to suspend their studies for pregnancy or for health reasons should go back to their home countries for labor or for treatment. The international travel expenses should be covered by the students themselves. With the university’s approval, the scholarship status can be reserved for up to one year, and their living allowances will be suspended during their leave. The scholarship status will not be reserved for those who suspend their studies for other reasons.
4) New students will get one-off settlement subsidy upon their arrival in China.
- CNY 1,500 Yuan for new students who will study in China for one academic year and above
5) Fee for outpatient medical service refers to the outpatient expense in the institution’s hospital or the hospitals appointed by the institution. The students are to cover a certain percentage of expense in accordance with the institution’s relevant regulations.
6) Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Protection Scheme for International Students in China is provided by MOE for the scholarship students in China in case of hospitalizing for serious diseases and accidental injuries. The institutions or the appointed medical assistance agencies provide advancement service for insurance expenses, and claim for compensation with relevant payment receipts from the insurance company according to the stipulated insurance articles. For scholarship students, the individual claim will not be accepted by the insurance company.
7) International travel expenses: self-afforded.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English, and all documents must in duplicate.
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
The “Agency No.” of Yunnan University of Finance and Economics is “10689”.
Applicants who have no internet access due to the limited internet service provided in their countries can request the application form from their dispatching authorities.
2. Notarized Certificate of Highest Diploma (original or photocopy). Applicants who are not graduated shall provide certificate of expected graduation.
3. Notarized Academic Transcripts (original or photocopy).
4. Recommendation Letters (original; two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors).
5. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy; the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form is attached). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
6. Other relative documents, such as certificate of award, etc. Applicants for fine arts must submit a CD of the applicants’ own works.
Applicants are required to submit their application documents to Yunnan University of Finance and Economics by post before March 25, 2015. The address is shown in the following:
Yunnan University of Finance and Economics
International Exchange and Cooperation Office (ZhiYuan Building Room 304)
237 Longquan Road, Kunming, Yunnan, China
Postal Code: 650221 Tel: +86-871-65114945
中国 云南省昆明市龙泉路237号 云南财经大学 国际合作交流处
APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION
1. CSC will assess above documents and issue Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the qualified nominees.
2. CSC will send the Final List of Accepted Students, Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to Yunnan University of Finance and Economics by the end of June, 2013. Yunnan University of Finance and Economics will forward the documents to the accepted students. Students will be informed the application result by Yunnan University of Finance and Economics.
3. Regulations for international students under the Chinese Government Scholarship Program will apply to the students under this scholarship program. Scholarship awardees are not permitted to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
Mr. Shi & Ms. Jiang